After lunch, I walked to the Donkey and made at least a hundred flashcards for my biology class. It's ridiculous because, although it is interesting and I have true appreciation for the science behind life, I'm not going to use the process of photosynthesis in my career. Last time I checked, I was at OU to become a music therapist. Is there something I missed? I apologize for my sarcasm.
So I sat for four hours studying at the Donkey and realized I was about to lose my mind, so I packed up to go back to my room for awhile. As I was leaving, I ran into Rob which was very timely and lucky. We decided to get dinner at Salaam after I ran back to my room. Salaam recently moved from an alley off of Court Street to a slightly more convenient spot right beside the Donkey. The food was delicious (as always), but the best part of the evening was spending time and talking with Rob. We talked about all sorts of things... life, time, Adam, family, music, the past, the future. It was a very enjoyable evening, one of the best I've had in awhile. I've considered Rob a friend since I met him, but tonight we got to know each other a lot better and I feel very happy and lucky to know him. He is a wonderful person and I don't say that lightly.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The last couple of weeks have been very good for the most part. I have been able to balance work with relaxation pretty well and I have spent time with special people like Leslie, Evan, and Rob. However, despite all of these people and despite keeping busy, I am still left unfulfilled at the end of the day. The other day, Adam told me that he felt like part of his soul was missing because we are apart and I feel the same way. There really is no other way of saying it. Sometimes I try to think about how I was ever happy without him and it's impossible to imagine it. He completes me.
There is a quote by John Lennon that reminds me of this... he is speaking about Yoko as his soulmate and it describes how I feel about Adam.
"You know there's an old myth about people being half and the other half being in the sky, or in heaven or on the other side of the universe or a mirror image. But we are two halves and together we're a whole."
1 comment:
I was walking on the beach the other night and I saw these two little trinket necklaces. They were in the shape of a heart and the heart was broken in two. On one side was a letter (like an R for example) and the other half was another letter (like a M for example :)). I was close to getting them but they just seemed too cheesy. The idea was good but they just looked too overdone.
Anyway, I am thinking about you.
Love you,
-adam
Post a Comment