Tuesday, November 4, 2008

just gimme some truth / 9:35 pm


Today I walked up the stairs behind Bryan Hall on my way to class. After I reached the top, I looked back at the skyline--or treeline--and saw a spectacular early morning sun shining through the trees, just above the hills. It gave me hope for the day ahead of me and I decided I would make it a good one, despite the stress of these last two or three weeks. The sun also reminded me of the hope I find in Obama, in a change that our country has needed for a very long time. I am taking it as a sign, a good omen.

On my walk to class, I also realized that this election is something I will always remember. I have never been very aware of politics and different issues. I've always avoided it to a certain extent. These past months have been the first time in my life that I have followed or really cared about politics at all. It is the first time that I have really been aware that, as much as I would like to live in my own little world, there is a bigger world I live in... a bigger world where things need to change and our voices need to be heard. 


No comments: