I finally finished a song I've been trying to finish since the beginning of summer. It may seem strange that it took me this long because the lyrics are really so simple but it was a matter of me being too concerned with making the words perfect. Every time I write a song I go through a process of trying too hard and finally letting go. The letting go part is when everything comes together. This song is meant to be one of comfort, of hope and security during rough times. The 'dream avenue' line was inspired by a collage Adam made for me this year. It includes a poem entitled "Dream Avenue." I don't know who wrote it and my song doesn't really have anything else to do with the poem... I just liked the thought of a dream avenue. This song is mainly for piano accompaniment but a guitar could (and should) certainly be added.
with your head in your hands
and your face dripping down
and your heart in your mouth
well, I know it feels so hard
but, darlin', look how close you are
nothing's really that far away
CHORUS
But you and I, babe
will walk down dream avenue
where the stars are bigger, brighter
than we're used to in the city
'cause there's something about the small towns
there's something about the country sky
I'm swallowed by the sunshine
I'm settled by the nighttime
So come over here
blow your nose on my sleeve
you know I don't mind
it's already dirty anyway
you know that I'll stay as long as you like
you know that I'll live here right by your side
just as long as you stay by mine
(repeat CHORUS)
No comments:
Post a Comment