Thursday, July 10, 2008

10:07 pm / feel the city air

Today I officially declare myself a runner. The reason being: never before have I been so fervent toward this form of mental and physical exercise... or any other form of physical exercise, for that matter. My initial purpose in running was just to be fitter and tone my legs. Now I realize that it is actually a state of mind as well. It requires determination, persistence, and a lot of hard work, all of which are qualities that I value. After a certain point, I feel free. My mind is so far away from all of the little worries and thoughts that usually trouble me, and I am able to see clearly. I used to set my alarm to wake up early to go running and when my alarm went off I would hit snooze and go back to sleep. Now I set my alarm and I almost can't wait to go running in the morning. It sets my mood for the day and gets me going.

I even bought new running shoes today because my old ones were hurting me and slowed me down. Usually I get excited about buying a new book or new music but excitement over buying new athletic shoes is a first for me. 
                                                                  

This is me holding one of my new shoes. I am wearing the "Jesus Patrol" shirt that Adam bought me. Notice my wide eyes and slightly raised eyebrows. This means I am pleased with my new shoes. Also notice John and Ringo in the background.


This is a photo of my new shoes. The feet in the shoes are my own and this is their first modeling experience so give them a pat on the back for effort. My shoes deserve a thumbs up!

Okay. Now that I've made a total dork of myself in this entry, I am going to bed. I am tired and, after all, I do have to get up early to go running.

No comments: