I have to go to work in about an hour and I really do not want to go. I am in a creative mood and I wish I had all night to just make things. It has been a strange sort of day. A slow-motion day where I accomplish a lot of nothing but am somehow still satisfied. Instead of typing and lazing about, I should be preparing for work because now I am just going to be scrambling eggs to get ready. I am tired of feeling like I have to look perfect at work. I don't like being in an environment where there are too many people who care about whether you're wearing the latest and greatest or if your hair is pretty or if you're made up enough. Even though I care about my appearance, it's not what defines me and it's not what I want other people to see in me. I want to be more than that but work makes me feel inferior in all sorts of ways. All I feel like doing is making a collage or painting or sipping coffee while reading or looking at photography. Or finally finishing a song. I am worried that this blog is becoming an outlet for my relentless complaints about a life I am actually grateful for. A deep sigh is called for right now and I miss Adam.
Below are some drawings I have made on good days at work. Lunch hours when I can exercise some creativity because the restaurant isn't busy. The titles or words on the drawings are backwards but I will put captions by each of them to clarify.
This one is called "Penny Thoughts." It is a drawing of my dog Penny thinking about the things she loves the most (besides her family of course!): sunshine, biscuits, bunnies, and squirrels.
A drawing of kitty-cat staring at a little ol' goldfish.The goldfish is blowing love bubbles. This is just a silly little drawing but it does bring to mind the concept of sharing love despite differences. Entitled "(Free) Fish Love."
"Dinner Is Served" is a drawing of a hummingbird, a butterfly, and a bumblebee dining on flower nectar. Notice the little forks and spoons they are holding.
This drawing is called "If I Had a Pet Squirrel..." and the caption reads: "If I had a pet squirrel, I would treat him like a king..."
No comments:
Post a Comment