Monday, May 2, 2011

a wonky nose / 1:31 am

Reminiscing with my old book collection tonight.



"A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts it will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely." 
— Roald Dahl

"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it." 
— Roald Dahl

2 comments:

Beans with Garlic said...

I remember going to Mississippi with my brother back in the early '90s to visit my Aunt Ruth at the old family farm. I'll never forget the silence of the old hickory and pine trees, the sound of crickets chirping, junebugs being zapped by a distant bug-zapper, and the sound of my mother's voice read 'James and the Giant Peach' and 'Danny the Champion of the World' to my brother and I as we were tucked in bed.

I'm finding only wanting to read with you on this lonely evening.

love,

puppy

p.s. my word verification is 'ressers'

Caitlin said...

remember when we read poetry to each other in bed about three years ago? or making up stories over the phone? I regret not doing that more often.