I wrote a song for my Robin a little over a month ago. I gave her a recording of it for Christmas this morning and succeeded in making her cry. In this case, her crying means I wrote a good song because we are on different wavelengths when it comes to music... style, understanding, and how it affects us emotionally. Anyway, I took her tears as a compliment. I've only made her cry with music once before.
The song is meant to express both a sadness and a happiness... the regret I have for lost time, the frustration I sometimes feel when I can't relate to Robin, but also the present and future I look forward to spending with her, the friendship and love I feel will only grow. Even though we have our differences and occasionally still argue, she is one of the best friends I will ever have. Merry Christmas, Robin! I love you.
Oh, little bird, will you please tell me what you see?
You built your nest on a branch that I can't reach
And though we share the same tree
I am down here with the moss, while you live in the leaves
What can I do, what can I do?
I want to know you
I want to know you
Sweet little bird, you've carried time upon your wings
I've searched far and wide for the minutes and seconds and in-betweens
That we haven't got to share
It's never really fair
Where does it go, where does it go?
Let's take it slow
Let's take it slow now
Dear baby bird, many years from now
We'll both have gray hair and our limbs won't work so well
But if we still have tongues for talking
Our stories will carry us far
We'll be fine, we'll be fine
You'll still be mine
You'll still be mine
Say you'll still be mine
2 comments:
Beautiful! I cried, too.
Sisters are the best, even when you don't see eye to eye all the time. You just proved it.
Post a Comment