Saturday, December 25, 2010

runs deep / 1:35 am

http://www.fleetfoxes.com/projects/tour-doc/

Reminiscing about one of the best shows I have ever seen. It's been months and months since that night, but it gives me a warm feeling just thinking about it. I wish I had some footage of Joanna Newsom singing at the show as well...

"And it can have no bounds, you know
It can have no end
You can take my hand in the darkness, darling
When you need a friend
And it can change in shape or form
But never change in size
The water, it runs deep, my darling
Where it don't run wide"
- J.N. "Jackrabbits"

It was a good Christmas Eve day--spending time with family, listening to conversations,  thinking about things I can't put into words, joining in conversations, watching old Christmas films and eating cookies without regret. Now I'm tired, but there's a certain energy preventing sleep from setting in. Several years ago that energy would have been a certain jolly bearded man clad in red (also known as loving parents) and the presents I would be getting, but now I'm kept awake making things for people and focusing on giving. And Adam isn't here, my room is cold, and I never did find that centipede who was sharing my room months ago.

(Sidenote: I'll admit the idea of reindeer on my roof still excites me a little. That's the most disappointing part of Santa's figurative nature for me.)

1 comment:

lda. said...

like a length of rope, Morky.
like a length of rope.

(Merry Christmas. I love you).