Thursday, November 12, 2009

animal morning / 11:38 am

Yesterday, I felt as though I were fighting a couple of dragons but, by the time I went to sleep, I realized that it had actually been a very good day. I finished my Social Psychology paper and reading assignments, and was able to spend a lot of time with Adam, albeit while studying... we also took a break to go to Casa and he bought me my favorite: vegetarian chili with cheese and a warm tortilla. I felt bad because I was acting pretty negatively due to stress and other things, but he always helps me through my troubles, all my little mountains. I also got my computer back. Originally, I thought I was going to have to pay $840 for an "accidental damage" repair and I didn't even know how the damage happened! Instead, Apple fixed it for free and sent it back to me in five days! It was an extremely nice surprise.

Today, I woke up and drank tea at Adam's, and then went on a 30-40 minute run. I almost went through the neighborhood I always run through, but decided to go on a little adventure instead. I ran up a huge hill on Madison and tried to lose myself. Eventually, I came to Forest Street (I'd never been there before) and saw a really interesting house built against a large rock. I wish I had my camera to take a picture of it because I can't really describe it. Then a cat came up to me and I started petting him (?). He was very friendly and enjoyed licking and biting my arms, probably because of the salty sweat. I looked at his nametag and found out his name is Spit Hadley. Spit and I became fast friends and, when I had to leave, he jumped on my feet and attacked them, then trotted along beside me. Eventually, he stopped and I looked back feeling a little sad and wondering if he was disappointed. Straight ahead of me, I saw another cat that ran away and, two seconds later, a large female deer jumped out from behind a house! I wish every morning could be an animal morning.

1 comment:

Beans with Garlic said...

I was on the phone with you while all of that happened :)

I love you so much baby and I will always be here for you. You are a delight to me in every way ;)