Friday, August 7, 2009
I'll try to sing it pure and easily / 11:03 am
the veins in my hands; the curl of my toes; the little chips in my front teeth; the bones of my wrist; the mole on my right cheekbone; the two moles on my left forearm; the one on my left big toe; my pale skin, my brown hair; longing for the forest (so many of I've never seen); wolves and their howling; my blue carpet and all of its different smells; wooden floors; coffee coffee coffee; tea before bedtime; libraries and stacks of books; being alone; observing strangers; being with family (this includes Adam's); being with Adam; taking walks; the last stretch of running; the earthy taste of beets; warm milk with vanilla; wearing over-sized t-shirts around the house; Native American stories and culture; breakfast; Mom's scrambled eggs; Dad's French toast; goat cheese; warm lighting; acting like an animal; painting; the smell of crayons; coffeehouses; Whale Mountain; art festivals; my (the) magnolia tree; music music music and its endless possibilities; a good cry; the bittersweet hurt of nostalgia; how I'll never reconcile with time; finding people's thoughts, underlinings, and circles in library or used books; good movies, especially in the theater; bare feet and worn shoes; sweaters; pretty dresses; John Lennon; recognizing; campfires and bonfires; my sweet Penny; singing the Pennydog song; Penny's paws; brick, wood, stone, earth; hugging; noticing how some people touch you when they talk and how some don't; eye contact; laughter; reminiscing; helping people; playing music for friends; reading about astrology; the quiet of the early morning and late night when I can hear myself think; collecting postcards, records, books; the smell of art erasers; the taste of play-do; reading aloud complete with character voices; a full moon; rubbing off rubber cement; when the sun breaks through the clouds; seeing the sun and shadows in-between a tree's leaves and branches; cut-off shorts; the smell of freshly cut grass; eating chocolate slowly, letting it melt in my mouth; the way it feels to ride a horse (but it's been so long) and the way I imagine it feels to ride a motorcycle on an open country road; the taste of chocolate milk reminding me of kindergarten; watching insects and spiders move, build, spin, eat; the good feeling I get when I let an insect or spider free outside instead of smashing it; teachers who understand you're a real person with valuable thoughts; sidewalk chalk; using jars for drinking glasses; objects with stories; clay, hand-painted, hand-molded coffee mugs; what do birds think about as they sit in the branches, on the wires?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment