Thursday, July 9, 2009

love love love / 6:06 pm

Below are scans of photographs from when I was a little girl. A couple are even from before I was born. Eventually I will put more old photos on my computer. They are some of my most prized possessions.


This is one of my very favorites. It is of me, Mom, and Dad at the Ohio State Fair. In the third picture from the top, we are doing a "baby-in-the-magazine" face. This originated after I mimicked a baby making that face in a magazine.


My Grandma Hackbarth and I at my Grandma and Grandpa Kraus' house. I'm wearing a princess crown and am overjoyed about something. 


Baby Robin, Mom, and I at the Columbus Zoo. Mom is so beautiful in this picture. Also, I wish my 101 Dalmatians pants still fit me.


Me and my Dad. As you can see, he is good at finding unique uses for his shirts. 


My Grandpa Kraus and I. Some of my oldest memories are of him (and sometimes my Grandma K. or Dad) taking me to a pond to fish or feed bread to the ducks and geese.


Grandma Kraus is letting me get in the driver's seat at age two?! And a big van nonetheless!


Grandma Hackbarth holding me on our old swinging bench.


Holding Baby Chippy (Robin) in the backyard. It's probably Easter judging by our matching dresses.


Teaching little Robin to rollerskate. Her kneepads cover her entire leg!


Grandpa and I looking for bugs by the garage. One of my favorite pastimes.


Mom and a little Eskimo in the snow.


This was taken awhile before I was even born and was taken in the same dorm room I had last year at Ohio University! It was a complete coincidence that my Dad and I got the same room. Here he is in Kitty-Spider mode.


Emma is a cat my parents had when I was little. She wasn't the friendliest cat but that's okay. I remember her pretty well. Unfortunately, we had to get rid of her because of my allergies. However, I'm not that allergic anymore and I fully intend on owning a cat someday.


My parents on their Graduation Day from Ohio University. It's hard to believe I'll be graduating from OU soon. What comes next?


Our beloved Kubba. His whole name was lengthened to Kubba Sonny Jim Freckles Sugarcup James Kraus over time. He was renowned for his "Heeney-Hiney-Hoe dance" and his ability to withstand two little girls who wanted to play dress-up with him. I am convinced he was one of the best, sweetest, and most charming dogs to ever grace this earth (yes, in addition to you Miss Penny!). I miss him very much, but he will never be forgotten. 


A Polaroid portrait of Mom, Dad, little Katydid, and a tiny Chip. 


An old photo of our house. It is one of my favorite places in the whole world.

No comments: